2013年10月9日水曜日

male menopause age

male menopause age

When I heard about the term male menopause I never thought that it is true. I thought that only women have a menopause age but actually also men experience menopause age. Based on the books, male menopause is aging related hormone change in men. As you know, when we grow older, we experienced several changes in our health and in our body and it involves the decrease of testosterone level or a reduction in the bioavailability of testosterone among men. Although a lot of doctors call this “andropause” instead of male menopause. Yes andropause is a medical term for men having a menopausal age. But it is actually true that males also experience menopause and they have menopausal age.

I think all men will experience male menopause especially if they are aging. As we grow old, the number of our testosterone level also decreases and we can’t do anything about it. But unlike to women who are having menopause, in their case the hormone production stops but in men, the production is only lessen but it does not mean that it stopped at all. Although there are a lot of debates whether or not it should be called a male menopause or not because when we talk about menopause, only women are affected by that stage of their lives.

If you are a men, you should not be afraid to experience male menopause because at some point in our lives, this thing will occur to us men especially if we are aging. Our age determines if we are going to experience male menopause or not so don’t be afraid especially if you are at a young age right now. Only older men experience this. I think the age is in the range of 50’s to 60’s I guess. Though I really don’t have any idea about it because at first I really thought that menopause only occurs on women and not on men. But when I heard about its fact though it is still debatable up until now, I realized that men could also face this type of problem that most aging women are facing right now.

Whether it is a myth or not,  I am just happy that I have the opportunity to learn about male menopause. I do understand that when a man reaches the age of 50, its testosterone level really decreases and I think when I reach that age, I don’t need to worry about it because I am sure that by that point in my life, I already have children or even a grandson I suppose.




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿